Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Short Introduction

Welcome to my little corner of the world. I am starting my journey on becoming vegetarian, and gluten free. Why do you ask would a person want to do this? I become a hostess' worst night mare. One might say it is hard to cook for one of those, but both? You have to be insane.

Well I have my reasons. My husband was recently diagnosed with high cholesterol. And the wonderful man he is, is an all or nothing kind of guy. He decided he wanted to try to lower his cholesterol before he has to go on the dreaded pills. He will if he has to, but wants to try to lower it naturally. So being the dutiful wife that I am, I decide to support him in this endeavor. Besides I'm the one that does all the cooking in the house, and I am fundamentally a lazy person, and I am NOT cooking more than 1 meal at dinner. So vegetarian it is.

Now that is all well and good, but that doesn't explain the gluten free. I am a migraineur. I have in the past suffered very badly from headaches and migraines. I know that not all of my headaches are caused by food, but I and my doctor believe that some of them may be food related. So after cutting out all the things I loved, like chocolate, coffee, wine (well really all alcohol) it didn't seem like a far stretch to cut out gluten and all it's related products.

This is a challenge for me. I am going to make mistakes along the way, and I will slip up along the way. I am by no means an expert on either of these ways of eating, and am learning. My hope is that others will benefit from my learning, and my mistakes. I am in a fortunate situation, that for neither my husband nor myself, these are not truly life threatening illnesses. They affect our quality of life, and his cholesterol may become a danger. I will however will try to keep my information as accurate as possible, and welcome any and all comments, or corrections

I will be posting recipes I find, or try, books I find websites and other resources that I find useful. so sit back, and enjoy, and welcome

No comments: